Thursday, October 2, 2008

Day 2: Existence of God, Trinity

September 22, 2008 - Day 2 of RCIA
1. God: Unity & Trinity
2. Attributes of God & His existence

In today's class we learned about the Trinity and God and His existence.
CROSS ------> Trinity
- - Father
- - Son
- - Holy Spirit
Central saving mystery of our faith

Coming from a Protestant background this was review for me. As I sat in class listening to Father Holmes describe the Trinity, I thought to myself, how does somebody who has no religious background what so ever grasp this concept? Being a follower of Christ my whole life, I still sit in wonder at this concept so I couldn't imagine what those are thinking, feeling or wondering who are new to Christianity.
Why did God create me? God created me to know Him, to love Him, and to serve Him!

Those who questioned the existence of God, were spoken to by Moses - Excodus 3:14-16
[14] God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And he said, "Say this to the people of Israel, `I AM has sent me to you.'" [15] God also said to Moses, "Say this to the people of Israel, `The LORD, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you': this is my name for ever, and thus I am to be remembered throughout all generations. [16] Go and gather the elders of Israel together, and say to them, `The LORD, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, of Isaac, and of Jacob, has appeared to me, saying, "I have observed you and what has been done to you in Egypt.

FAITH is a gift from God, a supernatural virtue infused by him.
FAITH is certain
What does Faith offer you? ETERNAL LIFE!!!!

BELIEVING is an act of the intellect assenting to the divine truth by command of the will moved by God through grace
Believing in Jesus Christ and in the one who sent him for our salvation is necessary for obtaining that salvation.
"We walk by Faith, not by Sight"

This is just some notes from my class that I wrote down that stuck out Father Holme's lesson. This is such a great learning experience for me. A lot of it so far is review, but a lot of this is all new to me as well. I feel there is definitely a purpose for me in this class….what it is, I do not know! God is very present in our class and I feel at peace when I'm sitting listening to the lecture. I'm experiencing feelings that I have never felt before…it's a little scary for me, but at the same time, it's exciting!

Hope you all enjoy reading my posts!
Current feeling: A bit overwhelmed

No comments: